When to use membrane filter bags:
- High-moisture present in fuel
- Reduce pressure drop, and increase the airflow
- Capacity enhancement with existing baghouse
- Reduce fuel cost by using low-cost low-calorific value coal
- Less maintenance and longer bag life
Two types of coal firing are used: 1. Direct Firing 2. Indirect Firing. Direct firing is when coal is milled and is directly fed to the kiln. In indirect firing system, coal is milled and stored and fed to the kiln as needed. Most new plants have indirect firing.